Bring nature right to your doorstep with the Riverside Woodcraft Safe Haven Slate Roof Bird Table. This charming bird table is perfect for attracting feathered friends to your garden and letting them know they are always welcome in your home. The table is squirrel resistant, and the stainless steel mesh is available in 38mm or 50mm, so you can customize the perfect haven for your backyard birds.
- The Safe Haven Slate Roof Bird Table is a specially designed bird table with a stainless-steel cage to allow only smaller birds in.
- The cage also prevents squirrels and cats getting to the birds allowing them a peaceful place to feed.
- We use solid timber in all our products to create quality bird tables.
- With the sturdy construction and solid base this table will not topple over easily.
- All our bird tables come treated with a long-lasting weatherproof finish.
- Also available with an eco-friendly rot proof upgrade made from recycled plastic. This makes the base and tray impervious to water and makes the tray extremely easy to clean.
**Please Note - Our Bird Tables will come in two packages: package 1 will contain the head, and package 2 will contain the stand (which requires some assembly). Thank You**
Dimensions & Composition
|700 x 700mm (W x D)
|Bird Table Head Dimensions
|385 x 320 x 400mm (H x W x D)
|Feeding Platform Height (From Floor)
|57 x 57mm (W x D)
The slate roof tiles found on this bird table are produced from a mixture of recycled plastics (52%) and kaolin (48%). They are lightweight and highly resistant to damage.
Here is a helpful video showing you how to assemble the bird table stand:
Care & Cleaning
Retreating your Riverside Woodcraft Table:
- To keep your Riverside Woodcraft Bird Table in top condition, we recommend treating it once a year.
- You can use Exterior Danish Oil or we also recommend Protek Royal Exterior Finish in Golden Pine if you would like to keep the golden brown colour.
Cleaning your Riverside Woodcraft Bird Table:
- If you would like to clean your Bird Table, we recommend using warm water and a sponge.
- For more stubborn marks, use some mild detergent but please ensure that you have rinsed it off thoroughly and there is no soap left on the product.
What is the "Eco Upgrade"? The upgrade gives you plastic feet, which are rot proof, and a plastic tray which is perfect for cleaning as it acts as a wipe clean surface. Please refer to our Care & Cleaning tab for more info.
Mesh Size Info
A 38mm hole is suitable for attracting smaller bird species to nest in nest boxes. Common birds in the UK that might use a nest box with a 38mm entrance hole include:
Blue Tit: are small, colourful birds known for their vibrant blue and yellow plumage.
Coal Tit : Similar in size to the Blue Tit, Coal Tits have distinctive black and white markings on their heads.
Marsh Tit: Similar to the Coal Tit, the Marsh Tit also has black markings but can be distinguished by its broader black "bib."
Great Tit: Slightly larger than the Blue Tit, Great Tits have a black head and a distinctive greenish back.
Eurasian Nuthatch: Though less common in nest boxes, Nuthatches might use a box with a 38mm hole. They have a unique way of moving down tree trunks headfirst.
House Sparrow: While House Sparrows often prefer larger entrance holes, they might still investigate nest boxes with a 38mm hole.
A nest box with a 50mm entrance hole is suitable for attracting larger bird species in the UK. Some birds that might use a nest box with a 50mm entrance hole include:
Great Tits: are medium-sized birds with a black head and a distinctive greenish back.
European Starling: Starlings are medium-sized, iridescent birds with a speckled appearance.
House Sparrows: House Sparrows are small birds with a brown and Gray plumage, and they often adapt well to nesting boxes.
Nuthatches: While they can also use smaller entrance holes, Nuthatches may use a nest box with a 50mm entrance.
Flycatchers: Certain flycatcher species may use nest boxes with a 50mm entrance hole.
Standard, Eco Upgrade